Car tyre care tips to stay safe in Summer trips
Summer holidays are here, and it’s time to hit the road and explore new places! However, before you pack your bags and head out on your road trip, it’s essential that you ensure your own safety as well as car safety / bike safety. After all, nobody wants to end up stranded on the side of the road on a scorching summer day.
Keep your vehicle safe and running smoothly with these car tyre care tips, including regular tyre pressure checks, investing in the best summer tyres, and following recommended vehicle safety checks.
Car tyre care tips in summer:
- Check coolant levels
Coolant is essential to maintaining your engine’s temperature and preventing it from overheating. Check your car’s coolant levels regularly and top up if needed. During the hot summer months, your engine may run hotter than usual, so it’s essential to make sure your coolant levels are adequate.
- Don’t overfill the fuel tank
As fuel expands in the hotter summer months, it’s important not to overfill your tank. Overfilling your fuel tank might cause it to spill, causing a fire hazard. Excess fuel can also damage your vehicle’s emission control system, resulting in costly repairs.
- Check tyre pressure
One of the most crucial aspects of car tyre care is ensuring that your tyres are inflated to the correct pressure. Overinflated or underinflated tyres can lead to decreased fuel efficiency, reduced tyre life, and increased risk of blowouts. To prevent potentially deadly tyre blowouts and related accidents, maintaining adequate pressure on hot road surfaces is also a must. Thankfully, with TREEL advanced tyre technology, you can stay informed about your tyre health 24/7 and avoid any unwanted surprises on your journey.
- Choose the best Summer tyres
Using the proper tyres can make a significant difference in the performance of your vehicle throughout the summer months. Consider investing in the best summer tyres, which are intended to withstand high temperatures and provide outstanding traction on both wet and dry roads. Summer tyres are specifically engineered to reduce rolling resistance, resulting in improved fuel economy.
- Rotate tyres on a regular basis
Rotating your tyres on a regular basis ensures that they wear evenly, which can increase their life and improve the performance of your vehicle. Check your owner’s manual for the suggested tyre rotation schedule and follow it.
Also read:- 5 common practices you didn’t know could be dangerous in Highway Driving
After you have got your car tyre care tips for a memorable summer road trip, also ensure that you carry everything and take every step for protecting yourself and your family from the hot sun. Here are some life-saving tips for your sunny day adventures!
- Share your itinerary: This way, someone knows where you are and when to expect you, which is especially helpful if something goes wrong.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and avoid alcoholic beverages that can dehydrate you further.
- Pack the first aid kit: You never know when a small injury may occur, and it’s always best to be prepared.
- Protect yourself from the sun: The sun’s harmful UV rays can cause sunburn, premature ageing, and even skin cancer. Protect yourself by using sunscreen, wearing a cap and sunglasses.
- Be cautious of strangers: While exploring new places, it’s essential to be friendly but cautious. Don’t disclose too much personal information to strangers.
- Bring a portable charger: Your smartphone is an essential tool when travelling, but it’s useless if the battery dies. Bring a portable charger to keep your phone charged, especially if you’re travelling in remote areas.
Ensure a safe and enjoyable summer road trip by preparing your vehicle, taking personal safety precautions, and carrying emergency supplies. Remember, preparation is key, so take the time to get your vehicle serviced, check your tyres and fluids, pack an emergency kit, and take breaks to stay hydrated. Happy travels!